As a result of attending the event participants -
- Would be aware of the specific barriers to confidence, motivation and team working which are prevalent in Scotland, specifically those related to fear of mistakes and being criticised.
- Understand why these attitudes make feedback difficult and undermine performance, learning and team working.
- Understand Professor Carol Dweck's research into the fixed and growth mindsets and what this may mean for them and others they work with.
- Know what feedback is and why it's fundamental to confidence, motivation and self improvement.
- Understand how educational, organisational, team or management cultures can promote or discourage feedback.
- Know what they can do as individuals to help create a learning and feedback culture including modelling the behaviour and attitudes they desire in others.
- Learn specific techniques for giving good feedback - both critical and positive.